Johns Manville is a manufacturer of superior thermoplastic roofing materials. The Johns Manville Single Ply roofing materials are made out of a special formulation DuPontTM Elvaloy KEE (ketone ethylene ester). This ensures that the materials are both ductile (strong and flexible) and built to last through the heaviest storms. This composition guarantees resistance to even harsh and corrosive industrial waste. Using these membranes are paramount to building a lasting roofing solution. This lowers the life cycle costs with a higher degree of performance.
What Sort of Alternatives are offered?
There are many different kinds of roofing materials available. The common abbreviations below are defined as follows:
- PO stands for Thermoplastic Polyolefin. The abbreviation TPO is actually in a broad family of rubber roofing materials. The most widely used TPO is a blend of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. TPO is found in many roofing materials.
- PVC stands for Polyvinyl Chloride. PVC materials are created through polymerization, a type of chemical reaction that combines polymers. Polymers are a compound that consists of large molecules, made of many chemically-bonded smaller molecules, known as monomers. PVC is produced by the gaseous reaction of the polymer ethylene with oxygen and hydrochloric acid.
Benefits of Johns Manville Single Ply
- Johns Manville Single Ply TPO roofing system is one of the newest flat, single ply roofing materials available on the market currently.
- The current membrane formulations are reinforced with a polyester fabric and manufactured using an ultraviolet-resistant thermoplastic polyolefin formulation.
- TPO roofing from JM comes in several thicknesses.
- Thermoplastic roofs have the highest reflectivity and emissivity values, meaning that since it reflects the most light and is able to diffuse heat readily, it remains one of the premier materials in used for cool roofing today!
Shuff Construction out of Lubbock, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Amarillo, Texas uses only the finest quality materials for their building and roofing projects. So, whether it is Johns Manville Single Ply or the latest in roofing technology, we are sure to make sure your project is held to the highest standards of quality and service.